Soak and Explore Hell’s Gate with Your Exclusive Promo Code
Enjoy a 10% discount at Hell’s Gate with our promo code – NZTT10.
Showcasing Aotearoa’s world-class nature, Māori culture and self-care, Hell’s Gate is a must-do on any Rotorua itinerary!
Book with Hell’s Gate & save 10% using the promo code NZTT10.
Relax and revitalise at Hell’s Gate, New Zealand’s most active geothermal park and mud spa.
Steeped in myth and legend, its location is brought to life by geothermal activity, billowing steam into the sky and giving nutrients to the surrounding mud and waters.
For over 800 years the local Maori people have used these muds and waters for many different ailments, including arthritis, joint pain and inflammation.
This unique mud is also known to replenish, soothe and gently exfoliate the skin.
Now it’s your turn to enjoy these healing waters and muds whilst exploring a world-class nature walk.
This is the most active geothermal and mud spa in Aotearoa. It really shows off what makes Rotorua so special.
With a complimentary guided walk, mud spa, native bush and incredible geysers, mud pools and more, it’s the perfect combination of nature, learning, culture and relaxation.
It is what Rotorua is all about and it’s ready and waiting for you.
And with our Hell’s Gate promo code, your entry will be more affordable than ever!
Learn About the Different Discounted Hell’s Gate Passes
Use the promo code NZTT10 to save 10% off all of the passes at Hell’s Gate in Rotorua.
In order of cheapest to most expensive, choose from the following passes.
- Hell’s Gate Sulphur Spas: Soak in the naturally heated geothermal spas and make use of the freshwater cold plunge pool.
- Hell’s Gate Geothermal Walk: Explore the geothermal park, on a self-guided or guided tour. Finish your visit with Māori carving and a mud foot pool.
- Hell’s Gate Geothermal Experience: Walk around the geothermal park and enjoy a soak in the sulphur spas. This is a great option if you’d like to check out two of the main Hell’s Gate experiences on a budget.
- Hell’s Gate Mud Bath and Spas: Relax in these world-famous mud baths, before soaking in the sulphur spas and cooling off in the freshwater plunge pool.
- The Hell’s Gate Experience: The ultimate Hell’s Gate experience! Enjoy a mud bath, sulphur spas, cool plunge pool and the intriguing geothermal walk.
Tours leave at 10.30 am and 2.30 pm from the front desk. These dates are correct between 1 October 2022 and 31 March 2023.
There is no additional cost to join a guided tour. You will, however, need to pay to enter Hell’s Gate (don’t forget to use our promo code – NZTT10).
The guided nature walk takes approximately 90 minutes (sometimes more). If you don’t have that long, you can start with the group and then split off and self-guide at any point.
If you are walking without a guide, we suggest allowing approximately 60 minutes.
Towels and bathing suits (or togs, as we say in NZ) are available for hire, though. most people take their own.
The sulphur in the water will almost certainly make your togs smell. We recommend giving them a good rinse in fresh water when you get out, before washing them ASAP.
View Our Rotorua Deals
Please note: Our discounts are for our readers and members. If you read our blog but are not yet in the New Zealand Travel Tips Facebook group, please join – it’s free and is an amazing resource. Operators may ask you to show the Facebook group on your phone when you check in. Or, if you’re not on Facebook, be ready to explain that you read NZTT online. By booking through us, you will enjoy a discount while supporting NZTT – thank you!